It’s so true, and often extremely effective, to reflect on how we RECEIVE a daily dose of inspiration. Doing so gives us motivation, drive and ammunition to get things done with a positive impact. To switch things up, I’m going to reverse engineer this concept and share a few ideas on how we should strive to DELIVER a daily dose of inspiration.
- Offer praise and recognition for efforts and a job well done
- Say thank you – there can never be never enough gratitude
- Smile – it really can keep others guessing, and asking ‘What gives?’
- Be a STAR – Someone They’ll Always Remember – stand out in a crowd
- Go beyond yourself – give back to the community
- Listen intently, with a desire to encourage, take action or assist
- Show off – not with an intent to brag, but rather to excite and spark interest
- Be a student in life – learn something new every day and share this knowledge
- Look people in the eye – be serious, authentic, transparent
- Send hand-written notes – it’s a lost art in today’s digital world
Sometimes the little things go such a long way in making a difference. If you simply take time to ‘stop and smell the roses’, it can have a meaningful effect on those around you. So, what’s holding you back?